- Course Handbook - general information about the course.
- Development Tools - the software tools used on the course and how to install them on your own machine.
- Getting Started (Zip) - a simple exercise to check that you have the software tools installed correctly, and that you can use them.
- Getting Older - a simple Java programming exercise which is not assessed and can be discussed freely.
- HashMaps - using HashMaps to represent relationships.
- Writing Readable Code - as the title says!
- Equality & Copying - comparing and copying Java objects.
- Representations - Java types vs Objects.
- JavaFx Examples (code)
- FXML & Other Resources - Loading FXML, CSS files & images.
- Lecture 1 - Introduction
- Lecture 2a - Assignment1 feedback
- Lecture 2b - Assignment 2 overview
- Lecture 2c - HashMaps
- Lecture 2d - Representations and Equality
- Lecture 3 - Assignment2 design
Lecture recordings will be available under the IPPO course which should appear in your page for the University's Learn system. Note that this is the "on campus" version of the course - all students should be able to access this (even online students) and the videos are only available under this course code. Unfortunately, direct links to the videos do not work reliably.
- Objects First with Java - the recommended course textbook.
- BlueJ videos on YouTube - some videos demonstrating the BlueJ IDE which is used in the textbook.
The following JavaFx videos are slighty out of date - they use Eclipse rather than IntelliJ, and one or two details are not quite right (eg. the location of the Fxml files). However, I don't think that this makes it worthwhle re-recording them all. Please post to Piazza if you have any difficulties with these - or if you find something which is not right - and we will keep a list of corrections.
- JavaFx In a Java program
- Reacting to input
- Accessing GUI elements