Links is a new programming language designed to make web programming easier.
Links eases building modern Ajax-style applications: those with significant client- and server-side components.
Links incorporates proven ideas from other programming languages: database-query support from Kleisli, web-interaction proposals from PLT Scheme, and distributed-computing support from Erlang. On top of this, it adds some new web-centric features of its own.
DemosDemo Links programs.
DownloadVersion 0.5 of Links must be compiled with OCaml version 3.10 as there is a regression in the camlp4 tool shipped with later versions of OCaml. The latest version of Links in the Subversion respository includes a workaround for the camlp4 regression. It compiles with OCaml version 3.12, but probably won't compile with earlier versions.
Communitylinks-users mailing list
- Row-based effect types for database integration. Sam Lindley and James Cheney. In the proceedings of TLDI 2012.
- DBWiki: a database wiki prototyped in Links. James Cheney, Sam Lindley and Heiko Müller. In the proceedings of DBPL 2011.
- The arrow calculus. Sam Lindley, Philip Wadler, and Jeremy Yallop.
- The essence of form abstraction. Ezra Cooper, Sam Lindley, Philip Wadler, and Jeremy Yallop. In the proceedings of APLAS 2008.
- Idioms are oblivious, arrows are meticulous, monads are promiscuous. Sam Lindley, Philip Wadler, and Jeremy Yallop. In the proceedings of MSFP 2008.
- Links: web programming without tiers. Ezra Cooper, Sam Lindley, Philip Wadler, and Jeremy Yallop. In the proceedings of FMCO 2006, LNCS 4709.
- Original grant proposal for EPSRC (2005).
PeopleGroup photo (Nov 2006).
- Ezra Cooper, PhD student (research blog).
- Gilles Dubochet, MSc student (graduated).
- Shriram Krishnamurthi, visitor, Nov 2006.
- Sam Lindley, RA.
- Thierry Martinez, Visitor from ENS, Mar–Aug 2006.
- Rodney Topor, Visitor, Sep–Dec 2005. Rodney taught us about transactions.
- Philip Wadler, Principal investigator.
- Jeremy Yallop, PhD student (research blog).
- Building Bobcat - a web content management system in Links. Simon Vansintjan (2010).
- Web Menace: Links demonstration of a classic learning machine. Samuel Corbett (2009).
- Compiling Links server-side code. Steven Holmes (2009).
- LODE: an online IDE for Links in Links. Carl Andersson (2008).
- Online Scrabble in Links. Ashvin Jayaram (2008).
- Building web 2.0 applications in Links: Speed dependent automatic zooming for web applications. Sjoerd van Roosmalen (2008).
- Creating linksCollab: an assessment of Links as a web development language. Steve Strugnell (2008).
- Functional reactive animation in SVG for the web via Links Chi-Feng Chou (2011).
- Implementing the Java Pet Store in Links: An assessment of Links as an effective platform for building web applications . Gabriel Tellez (2008).
- Building biological database applications using Links. Ravi Shankar Dangeti (2008).
- The SLinks language. Gilles Dubochet (2005).
- Talk slides (Melbourne, 2 Feb 2006)
- Talk slides (PADL, 9 Jan 2006)
- Links meeting at ETAPS (Edinburgh, 6 Apr 2005)
- Talk slides (Cambridge, 9 Feb 2005)